Dr. S. Mahalaxmi, MDS.,
Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics
Dr. S. Mahalaxmi completed her post graduation in Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics in the year 1986 from Govt. Dental College, Ahmadabad under Gujarat University. She has been in private practice since 1987 in Chennai.
She has been in academics since 1990. She is currently heading the department of Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics at SRM Dental College, Chennai since March 2006.
Areas of Interest:
- Aesthetic Dentistry
- Microscope Enhanced Dentistry
- Occlusal Rehabilitation/ Complex Restorations
- Nanotechnology in Dentistry
- Indian Dental Association (IDA)
- Indian Association of Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics (IACDE)
- Indian Endodontic Society (IES)
- American Association of Endodontics (AAE)
- Academy of Microscope Enhanced Dentistry (AMED)
- Society for Biomaterials. (SFB)
- Organized the first ever XXII FODI & XV IES Annual Conference in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Conducted the 1st of its kind Microscopes program “Microscopes Magnified” in August 2008.
- 3. Conducted the 1st National Scientific Model Competition for the post graduate students in April 2009. Also organized two video conferences, one from New Zealand and one from Canada during this 2 day program.
- Conducted the XI Roots Summit, an international endo meet for the first time in India in Nov, 2014.